Monday, June 27, 2011

Blogging Again...?

I have recently been motivated to renew my blogging efforts. I posted about two and a half years ago that I would only blog if my intentions were about more than simply my own glory. That initial post may have been prophetic to my lapse in posting. While I am sure my newest attempt at consistent blogging will include the pursuit of making a name for myself, which I will continue to repent of, I trust the Lord has sanctified me in his grace over the past two and half years. Hopefully the result will be more pure motivation, more consistent posting and more fruitful efforts.

The fruit I pray the Lord will produce in my blogging are as follows:

1. Fruitfulness in my own walk with the Lord
As I process my own thoughts and type them out, I pray the Lord will produce growth in my own heart.

2. Fruitfulness in my ability to communicate gospel truth
As I write, I pray the Lord will refine my ability to communicate gospel truth. As I see the Lord moving me closer and closer to full-time vocational ministry, I hope for an increased ability to clearly communicate biblical truth.

3. Fruitfulness in the lives of those who read
I pray the Lord would use the words I write to produce fruit in the lives of those who read them.

As I begin to blog again, I have a plan that I trust will result in more productive and fruitful efforts. There are two practical strategies I will implement to create more consistency.

1. I am hoping to have a consistent blogging schedule with two posts per week. On Wednesdays I am planning to post a general blog about a variety of topics. On Sundays I am planning to post a blog about Proverbs. More is coming about why I want to post about Proverbs.

2. The second component of how I plan to be more consistent is to “blog ahead”. I am hoping to create blogs ahead of time and save them as drafts. This will allow me to work ahead when I have additional free time, and stay caught up when I am experiencing busy seasons.

Whether my newest blogging endeavor will last is yet to be seen, but I am hoping the Lord will bless me with consistency and an outcome that is worthwhile.

No comments: